D4 Alpine Double Portaledge
Introducing the brand NEW D4 Alpine Double ledge!
A modern twist on a classic design. The new D4 Alpine Double ledge incorporates John Middendorfs brand new 8 piece,Hybrid diameter, curved corner frame. The D4 Frame uses John's Patent pending "Bullet Joiner" connectors, for butter smooth assembly.
The D4 Alpine Double is a scaled down model of the original full-sized D4 portaledge currently being manufactured by Barry at Durango Sewing Solutions ( https://durangosewingsolutions.com/d4-portaledge ). The trimmed down size ( 42.5 x 75") is ideal for fast and light missions, where weight and packed size are a concern.
The D4 Alpine Ledge and fly now come as one integrated package. The ledge and fly fit inside its own zippered haul sack for rapid deployment. The fly has its own pouch inside the bag.
The Fly has also been upgraded for 2019. The new fly quickly wraps around the ledge, secured by a beefy #10 zipper, deep corner pockets, and two tension straps. Aluminum pole inside maximizes room.
We have taken our tried and true UL Double size and incorporated John's patent pending ultra rigid frame
The collaboration of new D4 ( http://www.bigwallgear.com ) and Runout Customs is part of the new Handbuilt Alliance partnership. www.handbuiltalliance.com
Includes- Ledge, New D4 Alpine fly, Zippered Haulbag, Fly Pole
Every D4 Alpine Double is manufactured and built by Runout Customs.
Made in USA.
D4 ALPINE DOUBLE LEDGE:
42.5"W x 75"L
System Weight - 15 lbs (fly,ledge,bag,fly pole)
- Breaks down to 31" for hauling
- Hybrid Diameter 6061-T6 aircraft aluminum frame
- Aluminum Bed tension Hardware
- NEW Gusseted zip-front Haulbag
- Haulbag includes Integrated fly storage pouch
- Updated 6-point Suspension
- Suspension now includes 6 quicklinks, for easy untangling
- Coated Packcloth Bed
- 6061-T6 "Bullet Joiner" Frame connection points
- Large central fin eliminates shoulder cramping
- Sharp taper central seam allows more shoulder room
- Two opposed daisy chains on suspension keeps things organized
- Double grommets sewn into bed allow quick water drainage
- High-quality metal cambuckles make suspension adjustment a breeze
- Heavy wall side scuff for abrasion resistance
- Burley end scuffs protect ledge from damage if set up in corners
- 6-point bed tension system allows for a drum tight bed and prevents sagging
- Updated bed tension straps
D4 ALPINE DOUBLE FLY
Brand new for 2019!
The D4 alpine fly fits like a fitted sheet around the fly, and zips down the center. The fly is stowed inside the ledge haulbag in its own pocket. Simply wrap the fly around the ledge-and zip shut. Deep reinforced corner pockets keep the fly secure during high winds. Only available for the D4 Alpine Double
Heavy duty #10 coil zipper
Waterproof Zipper flap
Made from 300D Hypercell waterproof fabric
Ballistic Nylon wall-side reinforcement
Deep fitted corner pockets
Fits inside its own pocket inside the ledge bag
Includes Aluminum pole (maximizes ledge room)
Full strength,bar tacked, main clip-in point
Dual cinch buckles on bottom for ultimate security
Colors vary on batch
Made in USA
Weight- 3.4 lbs
OUT OF STOCK
Ledge Weight - 10 lbs
Fly Weight - 3.4 lbs
Ledge Packed Size - 31" x 10.5" x 5"
*instructions available for download on our info page*